International Student Program
Inspiration Academy has accepted international students from countries around the world. We welcome international students into our community. We provide international students with English speaking and writing skills, college prep, faith-based education and life experiences with a new culture. Inspiration Academy will issue the I-20 form, which is certified by the federal government to accept international students.
Host Family Boarding Program
International students will board with host families. The Inspiration Academy Host Family Program will provide the student with an experience of a home away from home for all whom reside there. We are dedicated to ensuring the Host Families provide a welcoming, comfortable and a safe environment in which to live, study and train for your student. Please view the Host Family FAQ’s on the Boarding page under the Student Life section of this website.
The application process for international students is detailed below. Our Admission’s Office will partner with you through this process and will be happy to help you with any concerns you may have.
- Tour – International families are encouraged to visit our campus or call for a personal tour. Simply click the “Request a Tour” button on the Request Info page under the Admissions Menu on our website. You will be directed to create an InfoSnap Account and complete some basic information. After you submit your inquiry, you will be given the option to use the Appointment Manger to schedule a school tour. Once your request is complete you, will be contacted by our Admission’s Office. We understand a tour is not always feasible, so a scheduled call or Skype session can replace this step.
- Apply – After you have completed the tour or scheduled call, you will receive an email that invites you to begin our online application process or visit the Request Info page to begin the application process on our website. After you submit your application, you will be given the option to use the Appointment Manger to schedule entrance testing and school interview. Your application will be reviewed by the board when we receive the completed application form, $250 application fee.
- Testing/Interview – As part of the review process, the Admissions Office will arrange a date for placement and English proficiency testing for the applicant. The applicant will also interview with the Head of School at that time for an informal interview to determine acceptance. We understand testing and interviewing in office may not be feasible, so a Skype session will be scheduled to conduct this step.
- Education Credentials – International students will need their homeland country’s transcripts translated into the States grading system. Inspiration Academy is partnered with Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants. The applicant will fill out an application for Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials on their website www.jsilny.org . The translated transcripts will then be mailed to Inspiration Academy to use for class placement.
- Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVIS) – SEVIS is a web-based system that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security uses to maintain information regarding Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP certified schools). Inspiration Academy is a certified school through SEVP. International student tuition must be paid in full to start the SEVIS process. A paid in full receipt will be provided by the school. Once payment has been received and the international student has been accepted by Inspiration Academy, the applicant will be enrolled in the Students and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). You must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. For information about how to pay the fee, go to www.ice.gov/sevis/students/ . Inspiration Academy will provide you with an I-20 Form to present to the consular officer when you attend your visa interview. The applicant will also be required to have the SEVIS I-901 payment receipt.
- Enroll – Once accepted, parents will need to complete the online enrollment process through InfoSnap, submit additional required documentation and pay tuition in full. If the tuition payment and online enrollment are not received by the Admissions Office within 10 calendar days of being accepted, the applicant will be placed on a waiting list. All supporting documentation needs to be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the start date.